CRITICAL MEDIA supports projects, talks and exhibitions that critically examine the conjunction of art, science and technology practice.
Incorporated in Canada in 2001 as a non-profit society, our goal is to promote and further the public understanding of emerging and established art practices in diverse media in Canada and internationally.
Central to our aims is the presentation of events, including symposia, exhibitions and performances that serve as a vehicle for communication between art, multidisciplinary practitioners and the general public. We seek through these activities to develop an interdisciplinary intergenerational dialogue.
Our mandate is:
- to encourage interdisciplinary research and collaborations in old and new media,
- to support the critical, interdisciplinary examination of art and technology practice in society in general;
- to foster exchange, collaboration and dialogue between the artists and scientists,
- to develop international exchanges involving artists, scientists and scholars,
- to create contexts for collaboration between scholars and practitioners in the arts and sciences by developing symposia, exhibitions and workshops, and
- to work actively in collaboration with other national and international organizations and institutions to further the exploratory goals of cross cultural interdisciplinary collaborations.
If you would like to know more about the projects we have produced, click here for a listing.