July 12, 2001 6 p.m.
Faculty for Information Studies, University of Toronto
Room 307, 140 St. George Street, Toronto, Canada.
CRITICAL MEDIA presents TELEANAMNESIS, a Brazilian initiative involving online and onsite events and publications, curated by Simone Michelin PPGAV/EBA/UFRJ ; CAIIA-STAR/UK (chair). As part of this project, Kátia Maciel — CPM/ECO/UFRJ; CAIIA-STAR/UK, RJ André Parente — ECO/UFRJ; CAIIA-STAR/UK, Arthur da Távola ‑Secretary of Culture, Jacqueline Bellotti — Director of Centro Cultural Oduwaldo Vianna Filho of Brazil participated in a teleconference with Michael Alstad, Mark Jones, Michelle Kasprzak, and Dmytri Kleiner artists of Toronto. The teleconference was moderated by Nina Czegledy.
- ‘Telenoia’, telematic culture and radical constructivism: building Nature II;
- the artistic appropriation of the technologies of telecommunication: strategies; purposes; experiments;
- how the technologies of intelligence can help in the re-materialisation of the world;
- envisioning the cities of the future;
- Broadcast live cable TV MULTIRIO.
TELEANAMNESIS WEB SITE
The web site, launched prior, contains info about the event, the participants (texts, links to their sites) and works specially created for the TELEANAMNESIS project. The site also allowed users to follow the videoconference on-line and participate.